Updating HudLine HudTo.Code through API doesn't stick

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

chris.brady

Updating HudLine HudTo.Code through API doesn't stick

Post by chris.brady »

In the UI, I can go into a HUD line that has no dollar amounts, HudTo Code, or HudTo name, and enter in a HudTo code, and the UI automatically prepopulates the HudTo Code and HudTo Name for me.

However, in the API, if I enter in a code into the HudLineAdditionalCharge.HudTo.Code field, it not only does not prepopulate the HudTo Name, but it does not save the HudTo.Code UNLESS we’ve also entered an amount into Buyer, Seller, or Disclosure.

We’re wondering why this behavior is different, and if there’s a way to make the API behave like the UI does. We don’t want to necessarily enter a dollar amount at the time we update a HUD line through the API.
neetab

Re: Updating HudLine HudTo.Code through API doesn't stick

Post by neetab »

Can you try setting it as follows in the API?

HudLine.AdditionalCharge.HudTo.Code
chris.brady

Post by chris.brady »

That's what I'm already doing, as I said in the 2nd paragraph, although I left out a period between HudLine and Additional Charge.
neetab

Post by neetab »

Try setting AdditionalCharge.HudTo as a reference to a contact. That will populate the HudTo Code and HudTo Name for you.
chris.brady

Post by chris.brady »

Ah, I see what you're saying. I grabbed the Order Contact using the Contact Code, and then assigned it to AdditionalCharge.HudTo, and it's working like I wanted now.

Thanks for the tip.