Where is Underwriter Split stored?

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

joe.mag

Where is Underwriter Split stored?

Post by joe.mag »

If you open SPAdmin tab in SoftPro Select and then invoke Managers and select Policy in the Manager List you are presented with a list of policies. In our case we have multiple underwriters (we're an agency) so we have numerous policies prefixed with an underwriter code. Select one of the policies to populate the main pane, scroll down to the Split section and you'll see prompt "Enter the split percent:" This is where we enter the split that goes to the underwriter (the remainder going to us, the agency).

My question is this: Is there any to programmatically get to these fields? The Field Code Browser appears to not synchronize with any of the fields; the SDK docs are no help; searching the sample code yields nothing (of course I'm not sure what to search for!). API aside, I'm not even sure where in the database this information is stored.

Also, is there any central place where the split is set that then propagates to the individual policies for that underwriter or is the split value truly independently maintained on each policy in the list?
john.morton

Re: Where is Underwriter Split stored?

Post by john.morton »

The Policy information is actually stored as a lookup table. So, you can access it via the API using the standard Lookup interface. The name of the table is "Policy Lookup Table"

*Warning*
That being said, when you access it directly like this, you will be bypassing several rules which are enforced purely at the UI level. This means you should be VERY selective about what you change, and take every precaution possible before using this in a production system.

The above warning is in regards to the data within the Policy lookup table. Regarding the structure of that table, you should ABSOLUTE NEVER change it. The system expects the structure to be exactly what it is now, and I can almost guarantee any structural changes to that table will end poorly.
Also, is there any central place where the split is set that then propagates to the individual policies for that underwriter or is the split value truly independently maintained on each policy in the list?
This information is stored independently per policy.