license on api .net project

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

czentman

license on api .net project

Post by czentman »

I added a dll to my project and it gave me an error that the dll needed a strong name. First I thought I could remove and add in my strong name so I deleted my pfx strong name and signed it again. Since that I couldn't get it working with or without that dll.

I looked at the registery and saw that the assembly for this package has a public token key that's different for the one I have. I see that all the previous versions are the same as shown in the email, but I think my creating a new strong name changed this. I remember adding the license after the strong name exists.

I may need a new license key from Softpro.
Hadi Chemaly

Re: license on api .net project

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

Yes, you will require a new SoftPro Package License every time the fully qualified package assembly name of your package assembly (as depicted in your experimental hive registry entry) changes. This includes changes in fully qualified package class name, fully qualified assembly name, assembly version, or public token key.
czentman

Post by czentman »

Is Softpro going to provide the license key? That's what happened last time. Otherwise, how do I create one?
Hadi Chemaly

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

Chana,

I forwarded your request internally to the proper channel as I am not authorized to issue package licenses at will. Someone from SoftPro Support will contact you regarding this.