Accessing Lookup Tables via API

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

czentman

Re: Accessing Lookup Tables via API

Post by czentman »

Actually, several wierd occurences after testing further.

1 - I delete manually 1 by 1 records hundreds of records from the table via the SPAdmin-Managers-Lookups. There error continued to occur. Then I had already figured out how all the data was stored in the datamap table via columnmapid's entryid's, etc. When I selected from that table, I saw that none of the records that I manually deleted and saved (and kept opening and closing becuase I was testing the API at the same time), were deleted from this datamap table. Then I ran a delete statement, then my API did "somewhat" work.

2 - Even though the first GetTable worked with only 10 records in my Client (Copy) table, when I do another GetTable into another temp datatable to delete the record, it gives that same service entry point error again.
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

I'm having a hard time following description. Can you post a sample of your code?
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

I figured out this problem with the GetTable working the first time but not the second time. For some reason when I don't have any filter on it, it fails (even though there were only 10 records, and even though it worked fine for the original Attorney table). When I added a spec.filter = [Lookup Code] = '*' then it worked. It's still strange but that resolved the issue.

I would like to work this with you via conf call. A sampling of my code won't help you and this forum is somewhat limited in help as well.