UI not Reflecting changes made to order

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

MattW

UI not Reflecting changes made to order

Post by MattW »

On the client side, I am using the INotifyPropertyChanged.PropertyChanged event on the order to provide access when a field is changed. In a few of these cases I am resetting this property to a different value or updating a different property on the order.
The properties are being successfully set on the order object.

The problem is if the control those properties are bound to are currently displayed in the UI, these controls do not get updated with the value I set in code, (going to a different screen and then coming back shows the updated value).
Not sure if this is a bug or if there is a special way to force a change to reflect the UI or just force the UI to refresh altogether.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
John Morris

Re: UI not Reflecting changes made to order

Post by John Morris »

That is not a bug. The system isn't designed to have data elements changed via a property changed event handler like that. The recommended approach is to use custom order rules to accomplish your need.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
MattW

Post by MattW »

I understand.
In that case, rather than automatically updating, is there any way to force a a refresh on a specific control or force a refresh on the whole screen?
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

No, there isn't. The system is designed to pick up changes automatically. The scenario here isn't going to work as expected.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro