Doc Publishing in 4.5.1

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

JohnS

Doc Publishing in 4.5.1

Post by JohnS »

After upgrading to 4.1, our document publishing print handler has stopped working. We have a C# module, shown below, that in turn calls a vb module. The C# code is shown below:

protected override PrintJobHandlerResult OnProcess(IPrintJob printJob)
{
try
{
ERprjSendPrintJob2Svo.ERclsSendPrintJob2Svo send2Svo = new ERprjSendPrintJob2Svo.ERclsSendPrintJob2Svo();
MemoryStream destination = new MemoryStream();
var sps = ServiceContext.GetService<SelectServer>();
var username = sps.AuthenticatedUserName;

if (printJob.Properties["MergeKind"].ToString() == "All")
{
// merge the documents yourself
IPdfToolsProvider provider = GetService<IPdfToolsProvider>();
Stream merged = provider.Merge(printJob.OriginalItems
.Select(item => new MemoryStream((byte[])item.Properties["Binary"]))
.ToArray());
merged.CopyTo(destination);
}

send2Svo.ProcessPrintJob(ref printJob, username, destination.ToArray());
destination.Close();
destination.Dispose();

}
catch (Exception ex)
{
// Write this error to the Windows event Application log
EventLog.WriteEntry(sourceName, ex.Message, EventLogEntryType.Error );

}
if (debugLog == "1")
{
// Write this error to the Windows event Application log
EventLog.WriteEntry(sourceName, "end print", EventLogEntryType.Information);
}

// Proceed to next handler
return PrintJobHandlerResult.Continue;

}

A snippet of the vb code follows:

Public Class ERclsSendPrintJob2Svo
Public Sub ProcessPrintJob(ByRef printJob As IPrintJob, ByVal userName As String, ByVal bytBinaryDoc As Byte())
For Each objItem In printJob.OriginalItems
strFileName = objItem.Properties("Document").Title
Call SendTarget2SvoDocs( _
strFileName, _
strFullPathAndName, _
strSoftProUser, _
strSoftProOffice, _
strOrderID, _
frmQuickPost.gintParentID, _
frmQuickPost.gintDocumentType_ID, _
frmQuickPost.gstrComment, _
objItem.Properties("Binary"))

Next
'
'
'

For Example:

I select multiple documents to publish, choose to merge them, and break on the C# 'if' statement that checks 'MergeKind'. In the debugger I can see the following:

?printJob.Properties["MergeKind"].ToString()
"All"
?printJob.OriginalItems.Select(item => new MemoryStream((byte[])item.Properties["Binary"])).ToArray()
{System.IO.MemoryStream[2]}
[0]: {System.IO.MemoryStream}
[1]: {System.IO.MemoryStream}

But if I choose not to merge them, I get the following:

?printJob.Properties["MergeKind"].ToString()
"None"
?printJob.OriginalItems.Select(item => new MemoryStream((byte[])item.Properties["Binary"])).ToArray()
'printJob.OriginalItems.Select(item => new MemoryStream((byte[])item.Properties["Binary"])).ToArray()' threw an exception of type 'System.ObjectDisposedException'
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
HResult: -2146232798
HelpLink: null
InnerException: null
ObjectName: ""
Source: "mscorlib"
StackTrace: " at System.IO.__Error.StreamIsClosed()\r\n at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Position(Int64 value)\r\n at SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing.PrintJobItem.PropertyBag.GetBinaryValue()\r\n at SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing.PrintJobItem.PropertyBag.get_Item(String key)\r\n at <>x.<>c.<<>m0>b__0_0(IPrintJobItem item)\r\n at System.Func`2[[SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing.IPrintJobItem, SoftPro.Select.Shell, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3834c39820615aaf],[System.IO.MemoryStream, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(IPrintJobItem arg)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2[[SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing.IPrintJobItem, SoftPro.Select.Shell, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3834c39820615aaf],[System.IO.MemoryStream, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()\r\n at System.Linq.Buffer`1[[System.IO.MemoryStream, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[MemoryStream](IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at <>x.<>m0(ERclsjPrintJobHandler <>4__this, IPrintJob printJob)"
TargetSite: {Void StreamIsClosed()}

In this second case, if I break on the Call statement in the VB code, I see the following in the debugger:

?objItem.Properties("Document").Title
"Name Affidavit (Buyer)"
?objItem.Properties("Binary")
'objItem.Properties("Binary")' threw an exception of type 'System.ObjectDisposedException'
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
HResult: -2146232798
HelpLink: Nothing
InnerException: Nothing
ObjectName: ""
Source: "Microsoft.VisualBasic"
StackTrace: " at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)" & vbCrLf & " at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)" & vbCrLf & " at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure, Boolean[] CopyBack)" & vbCrLf & " at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)" & vbCrLf & " at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type,
String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)"
TargetSite: {System.Object InvokeMethod(Method, System.Object[], Boolean[], System.Reflection.BindingFlags)}

So it appears at present that we can only distribute documents if multiple documents are selected, and the merge option is set to 'All'.

None of this code has changed, I am simply recompiling it with VS2015 and framework 4.6 to support 4.1.

Can you provide any clues as to what is going on?
BobRichards

Re: Doc Publishing in 4.5.1

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry to take so long.

This is not a problem with Select - there is an error in your program. You are trying to print from a MemoryStream that is only loaded when you process "All" documents. If you want to process a single document, then load the MemoryStream with a document.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
JohnS

Re: Doc Publishing in 4.1

Post by JohnS »

Bob,

This IS a problem that was directly caused by the upgrade to 4.1. Our code has not changed, and does work in previous versions of select. I did not make any coding changes; only the required recompile to target framework 4.6. Again this code DID work prior to select 4.1 and framework 4.6. If this is not the correct code, then I don't understand how it worked in previous versions, or exactly how can to access the document content?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I duplicated your code and I ran into the same error you found. It is a Select 4.1 error. For reasons of performance, we now pass a Stream reference around and generate the Binary property data on-the-fly from the Stream. It appears you are seeing the error "Cannot access a closed Stream" because before we generate the Binary data, the Steam has erroneously been closed. We are currently looking into the issue. Sorry this has taken so long.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
Melissa McBerkowitz

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

After further investigation, we’ve found and resolved this issue. This fix will be available in our next service pack (v4.1 SP1) currently scheduled for late May. When the release is available, an announcement will be placed in the F1 help for v4.1 under News/Product Releases.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
mlevi

Post by mlevi »

When will this latest release be available to fix the issue. We are experiencing the same problem as well.