Different profiles yield different results for Payee on HUD

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

chris.brady

Different profiles yield different results for Payee on HUD

Post by chris.brady »

I've come across a strange bug in the UI (this also includes the API) where different profiles give different results for Payees on a HUD. For example, viewing an order through the profile that matches OwningProfileID for the order, I get one set of results, but viewing through that OwningProfileID's parent profile gives another set of results.

I've attempted to attach a couple of screenshots, but something is wrong with the forums and I keep getting this error:

Could not upload attachment to ./files/174_06cb89510f31eb3e1a18df30b21aec33.

Someone please contact me and I'll PM them to you.

If I query the database directly for line 1103, I don't see three payees associated with this line.

Query below:

use SoftProDb

select hl.Number, oc.Code, oc.Name, hlp.*
from [order] o
join HudHeader hh on hh.OrderID = o.ID
join HudLine hl on hl.HudHeaderID = hh.ID
join HudLineAdditionalCharge hlac on hlac.HudLineID = hl.ID
left join HudLinePayee hlp on hlp.HudLineAdditionalChargeID = hlac.ID
left join OrderContact oc on oc.ID = hlp.PayeeID
where o.Number = 'NC-028630' and hl.Number between 1101 and 1199
order by hl.Number

This same problem can be duplicated if reading the payees for a HUD line through the API. Two payees match, but one does not.
chris.brady

Re: Different profiles yield different results for Payee on

Post by chris.brady »

I forgot to mention the version. 2.6.40705.306.
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: Different profiles yield different results for Payee on

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

Yes, in v2.6 and earlier, this will happen when profiles have different default settings for HUD payees. The business rules that default the payee on the HUD look to profile preferences - the HUD-1/HUD-1 A payee defaults on the SPAdmin Profiles screen. These rules default based on the user's active profile, so if these settings vary by profile, the order data will change as the order is opened and saved (by user or via API) in various profiles.

We have changed this for the next version (v3.0 "Cameron") so the order always uses the order's owning profile for these business rules rather than the user's active profile. That ensures that the results of the rule won't change depending on which user/profile opened the order.

In the meantime, it's best in v2.6 to set the default payees the same across all profiles.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro