spregpkg error in Boylan

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

muhsmann

spregpkg error in Boylan

Post by muhsmann »

I'm currently building my VS solution w/ the Boylan client version - during my build I register my custom print handler package. The following is my post build event for the dll build:
copy $(TargetFileName) "C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select\"
"C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select\spregpkg.exe" /m:register /p:$(TargetFileName) /rootsuffix:Exp
"C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select\Select.exe" /setup /rootsuffix:Exp
I get the commanded ... exited with code -1.

So I went out to DOS to C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select folder and issued the command:

spregpkg /m:register /p:PrintHandlerPackage.DLL

It yielded the following:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions
property for more information.

I'm not sure what's going on this has pretty much worked ever since the parameters for spregpkg from /r: to /m:register - which has been over a year ago. I haven't changed any code in my DLL and it still builds fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hadi Chemaly

Re: spregpkg error in Boylan

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

I assume you also upgraded your Select SDK to Boylan.

Typically creating a Select package using the SoftPro Select Package VS template eliminates the need for you to include post-build steps in your project file. These steps are pulled down from our installed targets files and executed when you compile your solution. That being said, re-registering the package should still work - existing package registry data will simply be overwritten - as long as you have not changed GUIDs in your project (package, editors, tool windows, etc.).

Can you post your .proj package xml? Specifically the <PropertyGroup>, <Import>, and your post-build sections. I also suggest you create a brand new Select package project using the VS template and run it (F5) to make sure your experimental hive is not out of sync. Lastly, take a look at the windows event log and post any errors (if any) related to this.
muhsmann

Re: spregpkg error in Boylan

Post by muhsmann »

Hadi,
Apparently the SDK didn't get upgraded! After the upgrade my spregpkg worked as well as the rest of my post-build events.