Shell Command Table

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

kkirkfield

Shell Command Table

Post by kkirkfield »

Good afternoon. I am looking into upgrading our custom integrations and build server from SPS version 4.4 to 4.6.8. I installed SPS 4.6.8 and VS 2015 to a clean server and created a new plugin package and shell package using the templates. The MSBuild targets file for the shell seems to be compiling the CTD using "spctc.exe" and embedding the CTO output properly, but the ShellPackage.Designer.cs file is not being updated on build. When I right click on the ShellPackage.ctd file and click "Run Custom Tool" it fails because there are no single file generators registered with MSBuild called "CtcCodeGenerator". In previous versions of the SDK this was installed to the MSBuild directory and registered through the registry key.

What is the proper way to generate these files in this new version of the SDK?

I think this may be a bug with the SDK. The Shell targets file should be regenerating these files on build. If I look at my output using ILSpy I can see it is not being regenerated with my changes to the CTD.
BobRichards

Re: Shell Command Table

Post by BobRichards »

From a Select Developer:

The latest VSIX that’s published to Visual Studio Marketplace corresponds to 4.6.1. I have manually published the 4.6.8 VSIX. Please ask the customer to install it in VS 2015, restart VS and the Shell command table generator should be available.

SDK.png
SDK.png (16.29 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
kkirkfield

Post by kkirkfield »

Thanks Bob! That fixed it.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Glad it worked. Thanks for letting us know!
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro