Select Database Questions

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

bandorganman

Select Database Questions

Post by bandorganman »

1) What is the difference between the pf.xxx tables and the pfm.xxx tables and where do the numbers in the yyy@ columns come from in the pfm.xxx tables?

2) I populated the pf.order table as well as the pf.orderinfo table and although i can see the orders in the select app but when I try to access them it says that I do not have permissions to access them. I used the same owning profile id as the sample orders that I entered into the db via the select app so what am I missing?

3) Cannot find any master tables for buyers, sellers, brokers, lenders etc. Where do these go? The pfm.buyers has a mix of buyers in different formats. Is this the only place to place them?

4) Where does settlement type come from?
BobRichards

Re: Select Database Questions

Post by BobRichards »

We do not support writing directly to Select SQL tables by end users. Many of these tables are written to by the order model for the purpose of generating reports. However, the order keeps all state information in its blob and will never read from the tables.

Also, Settlement is an enum in SoftPro.Accounting.Client.Orders: SettlementType

What are you trying to do that cannot be done by opening the orders?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

Before we bought this produce I spoke with Nick Guerrieri and asked him if I could populate the SQL DB that he put on my system directly by writing a C# program using .net and SQL and he told me that I could do that and when finished he would make a backup copy of the DB on my system and upload it to Azure so that is what I have been doing. I am converting from a Prodox Access DB going back many years and populating the Select DB that he installed on my system. I need answers to these questions so I can complete the conversion and get up and running on your service. This is critical as Prodox is closing business on 1 May.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

To migrate old data to Select using C# is *possible*. However it is a very complex task requiring a high degree of understanding on the part of the developers involved. It is not a simple write to SQL task. You must use custom application code and the Select SDK to create each order individually and its associated information (ledgers, trust account, ...).

You should contact a SoftPro Customer Support Representative to discuss the option to migrate your historical data to Select.
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

I already spoke with Nicole Wells and she said to post any questions to this forum. I have been a software engineer for many years as well as a SQl expert. I have the background to do this but need my questions answered. When I spoke to your engineers before purchasing your product they assured me that with my background I would have no problem and that I would have 3 hours of support but now that I have a few questions after populating several tables you refuse to give me straight answers? Really? Just answer the questions I gave you and I will be able to finish this project in relatively short time. If you cannot answer these questions please give them to someone who can. It seems that what we were told before the sale was not really true.

Thanks
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

Hi, I executed this code and get a Target Invocation Exception when I execute the 'IOrderStore os =' line of code. What gives? Here is my code:

private void CreateOrder()
{
using (SelectServer ss = new SelectServer(new Uri("http://localhost:8080")))
{
string reason;
if (!ss.TryAuthenticate(out reason))
{
Results.Text = reason;
return;
}
else
{
Results.Text = "Success";

}

OrderCreationSpec spec = new OrderCreationSpec();
spec.BaseNumber = "Test-007";
IOrderStore os = ss.GetService<IOrderStore>(); //this line of code generates the exception
IOrder order = os.NewOrder(spec);
dynamic o = (dynamic)order;
o.Project = "RAL Test";
os.ApplyChanges(order);

return;
}

}
}
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I'm not sure. If you Google the phrase "target invocation exception c#", you will see that the source of the exception is in the InnerException.

Please send me the complete call stack, the InnerException information, and the version of Select are you using.

Also, while the user profile will set the default Settlement type, you should generally specify it in the OrderCreationSpec object if you know ahead of time. For instance:

Code: Select all

spec.SettlementType = SettlementType.CDF;
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

What field do I set to tell Select whether the order is HUD or CDF?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

To create an order, you must create an OrderCreationSpec object to specify information regarding the naming, settlement information, etc. You then pass this object to IOrderStore.NewOrder(...). This method reads the information and creates a new order.

Adding to the previous post slightly:

Code: Select all

spec.SettlementType = SettlementType.CDF;

IOrderStore os = {get IOrderStore reference}
IOrder order = os.NewOrder(spec);
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

Thank you.