Package Development - Not Showing Up

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

roteague

Package Development - Not Showing Up

Post by roteague »

I've got a new package, but just can't seem to get it loaded. I've registered it (validated it in the Registry). But, SoftPro won't load it, nor does SoftPro put any errors in the Event Log. Any ideas where to look?
Robert
Mark McKenna

Re: Package Development - Not Showing Up

Post by Mark McKenna »

Is it an AutoLoad package (should it be loading when the application starts)?
roteague

Post by roteague »

It isn't listed as Autoload. It's a UI package (new Tab along the top).
Robert
roteague

Post by roteague »

I changed the autoload to true, and the package loads (it hits a breakpoint I set), but doesn't display the new tab.
Robert
Hadi Chemaly

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

Did you start off using the SoftPro Select Package VS Template?

It would be helpful if you can post two things so we can assist you:
  • Your command table file (package.ctd).
  • The attributes you dropped on your package class.
roteague

Post by roteague »

Hadi Chemaly wrote:Did you start off using the SoftPro Select Package VS Template?

It would be helpful if you can post two things so we can assist you:
  • Your command table file (package.ctd).
  • The attributes you dropped on your package class.
Yes, I used the SoftPro Select Package template.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<CommandTable xmlns="http://schemas.softprocorp.com/select/shell/commandtable/2008/02"
              xmlns:cg="http://schemas.softprocorp.com/select/shell/commandtable/codegen/2008/03"
              package="cd013df1-5da1-49b4-a9e4-3769e7315255"
              cg:classModifier="NonPublic">

<Using alias="shell" href="C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select SDK\Include\Select.cts" />

<Symbols>

<Guid name="DMSViewPaneGuid" value="54F41040-9DB8-42bd-A4CE-8DD85BACA235" />
    <Guid name="DMSViewPaneEditorFactoryGuid" value="31749349-2840-469b-934D-4ECE04DEBEF8" />

<Guid name="DMSCommandSetGuid1" value="7d468579-0ee8-40f8-ae59-fd8dc8a2b1ba">

<!-- DMS Tab Specific Items -->
      <ID name="DMSViewRibbonTabGroup1" value="1500" export="false" />
      <ID name="DMSRibbonTab" value="1501" export="false" />

<!-- DMS Tab Chunks -->
      <ID name="DMSViewSearchTabChunk" value="2000" export="false" />
      <ID name="DMSHomeViewRibbonChunk" value="2001" export="false" />

<!-- View Chunks -->
      <ID name="DMSViewRibbonChunkItemsGroup1" value="3000" export="false" />

<!-- DMS Buttons -->
      <ID name="DMSViewSearchHomePageRibbonButton" value="3000" export="false" />

</Guid>

</Symbols>

<Commands>

<MenuRef id="shell:RibbonMenu">
      <Group id="DMSViewRibbonTabGroup1" priority="80">
        <Menu id="DMSRibbonTab" priority="10" text="DMS">
          <Group id="DMSViewSearchTabChunk" priority="10">
            <Menu id="DMSHomeViewRibbonChunk" priority="10" text="DMS Home">
              <Group id="DMSViewRibbonChunkItemsGroup1" priority="10" style="Vertical">
                <Button id="DMSViewSearchHomePageRibbonButton" kind="Button" largeImage="Resources\Gear_32x32.png"
                        smallImage="Resources\Gear_16x16.png" priority="10" text="DMS Search"
                        toolTip="Click here to search DMS." style="TextUnderneath" />
              </Group>
            </Menu>
          </Group>
        </Menu>
      </Group>
    </MenuRef>
  </Commands>

</CommandTable>

[RegisterPackage("Title Guaranty of Hawaii", "TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage", "1.0.0.0", "", true)]
    [RegisterProduct("Title Guaranty of Hawaii", "TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage", "1.0.0.0", "TG/SoftPro DMS Interface Package.", "")]
    [ProvideResources("TG.SoftPro.DMS.Properties.Resources")]
    [ProvideCommandTable("TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage.cto")]
    [ProvideEditorFactory(typeof(DMSViewEditorFactory), "DMSView Editor Factory")]
    [ProvideEditorExtension(typeof(DMSViewEditorFactory), "sp-select", "DMSPackage/DMSView", 10)]
    [Guid(DMSPackage.PackageGuidString)]
    partial class DMSPackage : Package
Robert
Hadi Chemaly

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

I don't see anything unusual in your command table file. However I do think there is an issue somewhere in your package attributes.

From your code, I am assuming your project assembly name and namespace have become

TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage
If that's the case, then I noticed that your command table attribute is listed as

[ProvideCommandTable("TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage.cto")]
whereas it should be

[ProvideCommandTable("TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage.DMSPackage.cto")]
Try that and let me know of the outcome.
roteague

Post by roteague »

Sorry Hadi, the namespace is: TG.SoftPro.DMS, so TG.SoftPro.DMS.DMSPackage.cto should be correct.

This is certainly an odd one. I notice in the debugger output window the following:

'Select.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select\SoftPro.Security.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for f436331e-3d02-4b9b-af76-fc878517bcf9 : 1001.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for 2b8f0936-6079-4955-ab57-80eb091d5071 : 1001.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for e098bcdb-679e-4d27-8a48-1bdc197459e3 : 1001.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for 12fe4bb1-1d40-47fc-bbcf-901ac5e5d599 : 1000.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for 3c2a5fbe-1ae3-4ba5-be16-88abbb30a0cf : 1000.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Creating ribbon tab chunks for 023c7ae6-7ad6-4b98-8e2e-73fd198d3bd5 : 1000.
Select.exe Information: 0 : Restoring user layout.
Focus Tracker: Clipboard: Starting.
The value "023c7ae6-7ad6-4b98-8e2e-73fd198d3bd5" is my other package, but the code for this package "7d468579-0ee8-40f8-ae59-fd8dc8a2b1ba" isn't listed. The two modules are very similar. Both packages get loaded, the original one loads the command table with no problem, but the new one doesn't.

One thing I also notice. I've compiled one of the sample projects (ZipCodePackage), and it's buttons don't show up on the ProFormTab either (it looks like there should be a new Menu (Zip code).

Unless you have another idea, I think that perhaps there is something wrong with my environment. I may just uninstall SoftPro, wipe the directory and SP registry settings and do a reinstall.
Robert
roteague

Post by roteague »

I got it to work. I uninstalled everything, deleted the registry keys for SoftPro, then reinstalled everything and rebuilt everything. Thanks for all your help, it turned out to be an environment problem.

Thanks,
Robert