Wish List / Feature Request: Order Open Event

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

joe.mag

Wish List / Feature Request: Order Open Event

Post by joe.mag »

Dear Developers: While SoftPro exposes the Order Saving and Order Saved events, to my knowledge there is no Order Opened event that custom package developers can handle. There are several scenarios where business requirements necessitate me intervening at the moment the user opens an order but without such an event the best I can manage are hacks. Could your team please consider exposing such an event? Ideally the order would be in a state where its object hierarchy is fully populated and would be in a read/write condition so that my code could make changes to the data.

Obviously I can open orders myself via the API but there are scenarios where I only want to intervene when the order is opened by a user.

TIA.
BobRichards

Re: Wish List / Feature Request: Order Open Event

Post by BobRichards »

Thank you. I will log this as suggestion in our system.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
BobRichards

Re: Wish List / Feature Request: Order Open Event

Post by BobRichards »

I was reminded by a coworker that you can achieve a similar effect by subscribing to one of the IWindowManager changed events and leveraging the SDK topic "How do I get the Active Order" (at Cookbook / Shell Packages). That way when the order is loaded and the window is opened, you can determine if the window has an order then do your magic. Of course you will need to add any business logic - for instance, only run once per user session, etc.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro