RTF Textbox

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

MattW

RTF Textbox

Post by MattW »

I want to be able to edit the property legal description in a separate window.
I can pull in the text from the order.Property.PolicyLegal.Description (This shows up as RTF and is shown in a rich text box in the shell) and show it correctly in another rich text editor control, edit it and push it back to the order as rtf (retaining formatting etc).
When I look at the updated field in the shell it appears just fine, however, when I render a document(a document that worked fine before this change) that uses this field, it now displays all the rtf syntax as well, rather than just the formatted text.

I have tried just assigning the text to field without any rtf and that renders correctly, however this removes all formatting as well.

Is there a way to edit this field outside of the shell and still retain formatting?
BobRichards

Re: RTF Textbox

Post by BobRichards »

If you get the RTF text out of the field then put it right back in without modification and the print functionality works properly, then your textbox may be using a different RTF variant (there are several). Try comparing the before and after RTF generated for your RichTextBox control. Sorry, but I'm not sure we can be of much help.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro