Server package order changes not reflected in open tab

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
BobRichards

Re: Server package order changes not reflected in open tab

Post by BobRichards »

I have tested this with Select version 4.3.5 (released August 2017) and verified that any changes made in the server package result in the Select client application updating correctly. Changes made by the server package in the Order Saving event are displayed in the Select client. I do not have any information on when this change was made.

If you are anticipating moving to a version that is before 4.3.5 then I can test it. Otherwise, I *assume* all is well or I can test a specific later version next week.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
chris.brady

Post by chris.brady »

We're on 4.3.10.

If you create a task programmatically through the API on a Server package and set its status, that change is not reflected on the client. We've had this problem since it was first reported on this thread.

Are you saying the task status IS reflected on the client in your tests?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Yes.
  • I created a server package and subscribed to the OrderStore OrderSaving event. In the handler, I dropped in your code from earlier in this thread.
  • Then I created a new order and the checklist task did not exist.
  • I saved the order and the task appears in the order with a status of "Required". Subsequent saves cause no changes.
  • If I change the checklist status to None and save, the server package changes the status back to "Required" and the change is reflected in the UI.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro