In 4.0 policy's PremiumCalculation.FinalPremium read-only

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
joe.mag

In 4.0 policy's PremiumCalculation.FinalPremium read-only

Post by joe.mag »

In Select 2.6 the Final owner's premium and Final loan premium fields in the user interface (on the Premium tab) have always been grayed out but the actual fields were writable in the API. Our custom rate calculator writes to these fields. In 4.0 I get an exception when I attempt to write to the policy object's .PremiumCalculation.FinalPremium--the message is simply "Cannot access member" and there is no inner exception. It certainly appears the FinalPremium fields are now read-only via the API as well.

I need a way to alter the values in these fields either directly, or if these fields are merely reflecting the value stored elsewhere, then via the source fields. I would think anyone that is implementing a rate calculator would have the same requirement.
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: In 4.0 policy's PremiumCalculation.FinalPremium read-onl

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

Correct - we had an issue in 2.6 that allowed some fields to be edited through the API even though they could never be edited in the UI. This was corrected in 3.0/4.0 so the API gives you the same experience as the UI. The FinalPremium field is always disabled, but you can edit .BasePremium instead. Any value entered in this field will flow to the FinalPremium field, +/- any discounts or adjustments. If you wanted to prevent any user-entered adjustments from impacting your premium calculation, you could add a custom order rule on FinalPremium to always do a straight copy of the BasePremium value.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro