Payee Collection not present in API

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
sarroyo

Payee Collection not present in API

Post by sarroyo »

We are using the SoftPro API to read data out of SoftPro Select 3.3.6 (3.0.10820.1113).
The specific issue we are encountering is we are not seeing the payee collection for a particular hud line.

We are navigating the order object model as follows:

Order.Huds.Hud.hudlines.Payees

(obviously we have index indicator on Huds and Hudlines). What occurs is on the SoftPro UI we notice a row which denotes a Payee is available, but the order object has zero items in the payee collection for that particular hud line.

Now, this situation does not happen all the time, it only occurs when the Payee represented in the Payee grid is absent an amount, otherwise the API does have the Payee collection.

I have attached a screen shot which shows the UI, with the Payee in the gird missing an amount. This issue is present with Hud Line 1101.
BobRichards

Re: Payee Collection not present in API

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry, but I could not see your screen shot.

I created an order with a Buyer, Seller, and Settlement Agent. At line 1101, all of the Amount properties are zero.

Using the following code, I can see a Payee collection with one item and a Payors collection with two times. All of the amounts for the items are zero. This accurately reflects my order screen.

Code: Select all

// Get the order.
IOrder order = ...

// Get the first HUD.
dynamic hud = ((dynamic)order["HUDS"])[0];

// Get the HUD line 1101 object.
dynamic line = hud.Lines[1101];

// Get the first charge to access the Payees and Payors collections.
dynamic charge = line.Charges[0];
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
Melissa Cook

Re: Payee Collection not present in API

Post by Melissa Cook »

To further clarify....

Getting the Payees collection on a line will only give you the payees that are considered not empty (i.e. contains money). You should get the Payees off the Charge, instead. It would be something like this:
Order.Huds.Hud.hudlines.Charges[?].Payees

Getting the Payees off the Charge will give you that system-generated empty payee. Please let me know if you need further clarification.