Sample code for Escrow Instructions

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
PeterKelly

Sample code for Escrow Instructions

Post by PeterKelly »

Can somebody please post sample code to add Escrow Instructions?

Eg. Type = Sale, Description=Seller

I know the UI populates the Properties info as well.

Thanks,
Peter
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: Sample code for Escrow Instructions

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

Can you post what you have so far and let us know where you're having problems?
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
PeterKelly

Post by PeterKelly »

I looked at the load test code that you supplied and didn't find anything related to Escrow Instructions so I have nothing to start with.

Somebody gave me a powerpoint for Cameron API testing but are there other training/reference docs I should have to know how to start coding any area of the app?

Thanks,
Peter
Melissa McBerkowitz

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

When you start working in a new area of the app, there are a few ways you can learn where that data is stored. You can ALT+F6 in any field through the UI to get details about what the property (field code) name is and what object it's on. The field code browser also shows you a lot of this same information, as well as allowing you to click into a field in the app to view details for the selected field. (Note: Toggle the Field Code Browser's link button on to do this.) Using one of those methods, you'll see that Order.Escrow.Instructions is a collection of type EscrowInstruction. You'd create a new object and add it to this collection just like you would anywhere else in the order. An EscrowInstruction has a collection of Groups (type InstructionGroup) which each have a collection of Phrases. The names and properties on all of those objects are listed in the UI. Phrases are added very much like Requirements and Exceptions are added to the Commitment.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro