Select.exe Crashing When Emailing Out of SoftPro

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
altapoint

Select.exe Crashing When Emailing Out of SoftPro

Post by altapoint »

Hello,
One of my clients is having a very unique issue. When users try to email out of SoftPro (using the outlook application,) they are getting errors that crash SoftPro, and lock them out, because the server still believes that the computer is using one of the licenses. The errors they get when it crashes indicate a mapi error, or “this action is not supported while an older version of outlook is running.” It sounds like there may be a couple of things going on, but I have spoken with level 2 and level 3 technicians and they are not able to find any resolution. Below is the information on our environment, as well as the troubleshooting steps already taken. Also attached is an event log error that may be of some help.

Environment:

- all users running windows 10
- all users running office 365 versions of outlook
- all users are running version 4.6.8 of select client
- the issue does not happen every time, but it is enough to hinder productivity

Troubleshooting steps taken:

- uninstalled and reinstalled office 365
- changed default mail application to outlook
- run fixmapi.exe
- removed all remnants of old outlook applications in registry ( to try to resolve the older version of outlook error)
- ran SFC /Scannow

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply. Please let me know if you need any other information and I will be happy to provide it.
Attachments
Application event at time of crash
Application event at time of crash
Softpro-outlook crash 4.PNG (163.23 KiB) Viewed 620 times
BobRichards

Re: Select.exe Crashing When Emailing Out of SoftPro

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry but this is out of scope for this forum. You need to contact SoftPro Customer Support and follow the escalation process so someone on the Select team can review the data if necessary. Good luck.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro