Automation Picking my Test Service

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
tmeisinger

Automation Picking my Test Service

Post by tmeisinger »

When I'm trying to mind my own business and test my Server Package on my Local PC, I often get Automation connecting to my Server Package. This isn't good. Could you tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong?
BobRichards

Re: Automation Picking my Test Service

Post by BobRichards »

This sounds expected if you mean that you installed Select Server on your local machine then you connected to it with your local client and did operations that handled by Automation. Or else you joined your local server to an existing Select mid-tier cluster.

I'm afraid you will need additional words if this is not the case. :?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
tmeisinger

Post by tmeisinger »

Thanks for the reply Bob, but no, not Automation kicked off by orders I'm working on. Orders that are being updated on our single Production mid-tier server are kicking off the Automation, and coming into my local PC code on OrderSaving.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with pools but it appears that either some other Select client is connecting to you directly or your server instance is part of the production pool.
  • Open the "SoftPro Select Services" application on the Production machine (or start the app on your machine and select the production computer if you have privilege).
  • Open the Pools folder underneath the production machine.
  • See if your development machine is in the pool. If so, remove it and restart the server.
If this is not the case, then let me know and I'll have someone else give you an answer.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
tmeisinger

Post by tmeisinger »

No Pools here, just our SoftPro Mid-Tier Server and my Computer show up under Computers.I don't typically have my Computer's Service "started", like many days in a row, so no one should be connected to my PC. As a matter of fact, I have code to detect the User coming into my Server Package and it is only Automation, never another User. Thanks again for your prompt replies.