Checklist Task Category

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
dutil

Checklist Task Category

Post by dutil »

We are getting mixed scenarios with the below code. When modifying the task category for a specific task (on the same order and different orders) that specific field is sometimes updateable and other times it is not. We have not found the case that triggers it one way or the other. Is there a better way to modify a task category than the below that yields concrete results?

Both the task and order are always in a specific state/status where we do not see any reason why this field would be locked.
snip.jpg
snip.jpg (61.53 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
Please advise.
Thank you in advance!
BobRichards

Re: Checklist Task Category

Post by BobRichards »

If you go into an order that fails the setting process using the Select application, what is the state of the field?

Also, this is a case where you would use IOrderItem for defensive programming. Methods GetIsLocked(), GetIsReadOnly(), GetIsSupported(), and HasProperty() will allow you to detect the state of the field preventing you to set a property that can't be set (at least right now).
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
dutil

Post by dutil »

Bob,

Thank you for your prompt response!
Going into the order that fails the setting process using the Select application -- the state of the field is modifiable through the UI but programmatically setting this field has not given concrete results.

We are actually using our own helper IsUpdateableProperty which calls some of the IOrderItem methods to check the status of the property and if it is modifiable. In some cases that check returns true and in other cases false without any clear changes in the order or task.
snip2.jpg
snip2.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Do we know what might be causing the fluctuation in the permissions?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

The only check that is missing is IsLocked() but I doubt that is the issue. I you using the same username/password account to launch the Select client as was used in your app?

What is the specific error you are getting in the app? Please include the stack trace.
dutil

Post by dutil »

Bob,

The issue is when/why the field becomes unlocked/locked. We can't seem to figure out the circumstances that we are allowed to modify it.
Could you advise as to why the checklist task category would be locked/unlocked?

Thank you in advance!
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Have you confirmed that it is a locked/unlocked issue? I was mentioning it out of a sense of completeness as to why it might fail. Please try testing for the condition. What version of Select are you working with?

I have not observed this behavior before. I do not know how you are constructing the task. Are you opening an existing order and editing the Category property or are creating a new order? If you are creating a new checklist, make sure you add it to the tasks collection before modifying any object properties.