Invalid Prefix

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
patel

Invalid Prefix

Post by patel »

Hi

We are getting invalid prefix error on line 192.

I have made sure that Profile we are connected to has that prefix available. We are getting this error on multiple profiles but not all.

Thanks,
Parth
Attachments
prefix.JPG
prefix.JPG (44.9 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
BobRichards

Re: Invalid Prefix

Post by BobRichards »

I can't tell what might be happening. Make sure the current profile is what you expect. We have not add any reported problems in this area.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
patel

Post by patel »

Hi Bob,

This is how we are setting profile

selectServer.ChooseProfile += new EventHandler<ChooseProfileEventArgs>(chooseProfile);

chooseProfile method code in screenshot below.

Do you see any issue in code ? Or is there any place in Select Admin where i should check (in case i am missing something when i created this profiles)

Thanks,
Parth
Attachments
profile.JPG
profile.JPG (33.49 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

This is called if the user has more than one profile and none are selected as the default.

So what happens if the desired profile (Profile) is not in the collection of available profiles for the user? Does this routine ever leave the SelectedProfile unspecified? If nothing else, you should log the error. I would put an "else" there with a breakpoint to rule out any issues.

I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't specify a profile. But if there is no profile, then the Numbering Manager that validates prefixes may be confused. Probably the suffix validation is just as confused. Make sure you specify a profile.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro