Attachment Folder List

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
enendza

Attachment Folder List

Post by enendza »

Hi -

Where in the DB can we find the list of all attachment folder names? We have seen different folder names associated with different orders, are the folder names template specific?

We need to provide a list to the business of the different folders that they have setup. See attached print screen of the data that I am referring too.

Thanks

Emma
Attachments
SoftProAttachmentList.png
SoftProAttachmentList.png (22.63 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
BobRichards

Re: Attachment Folder List

Post by BobRichards »

Attachments are persisted in the BlobDb. When attachment folders and files are added to an order, the order maintains a forward link to the attachments in the Blob. You must open the order to get it's entries and folders - you cannot determine from the BlobDB what order is associated with blob items.

Attachments are imported from orders or templates you add to the order when you create a new order.

To answer your question, there is no way quick way to get attachment information. If ALL attachments come from template files then you won't have many templates to open and mine the data from. If you allow users to add attachments and files, you will need to open each individual order to get the data.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
enendza

Post by enendza »

Thanks - I am not looking for attachment info (not file specific info) JUST the name of the folders that are shown to the user that they can use to store data. Is that in the BLOB DB also? If it is associated with the template (which is an order) is there a place in the DB that lists the directories that are associated with that template
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

There is no way to use any data in the BlobDb. You must open the order (or template) to get attachment information.

And you are right - a template is just a special kind of order.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro