Testing version 4.6.5

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
BobRichards

Re: Testing version 4.6.5

Post by BobRichards »

Yes, good job! You will find them in the Select Client or Server folders.

I think it would be best if you would write the results to the Event Log. This way if (when?) Select adds additional libraries, your code will identify any new dependencies and you can quickly add any needed file.

If you were to put your executable in a Select folder, none of this would be necessary since all the dependencies are local. However, since you are only putting today's dependencies in your distribution folder, you need a way to quickly detect and fix any changes.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
enendza

Post by enendza »

I have changed ALL references to use the files in the directories that were provided as part of the install. Now I get an error that I have never seen before -

"Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

I have never had a reference to this file before? Please help. Is this a new reference. Even if I add it I get another set of errors ..

I am having so much trouble with what I was hoping would be simple. I have been working with .NET for 15+ years and have exhausted everything that I know to do to get the latest version of SoftPro working.

Please help

Emma
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

"CefSharp.Core.DLL'" is a new DLL for 4.6. We now incorporate the Chromium browser (CEF = Chromium Embedded Framework) as the start page instead of using the local machine browser control. Look in the Select client folder for the item. You will probably need all the CEF* DLLs.

On my machine it is at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SoftProSelect\app-4.6.5

FYI - You are doing fine. This part take as while to determine all the dependencies. This is why it's easier to drop it in a Select executable folder.
enendza

Post by enendza »

OK thanks I will give it a tray.

When you say "This is why it's easier to drop it in a Select executable folder." I don't understand. I am debugging using Visual Studio 2019 -how would I debug by dropping it in that folder?

Thoughts?

Emma
enendza

Post by enendza »

Thanks but same error - please see attached print screen.

#1 - API error when attempting to start the project - this is our own API that sends orders to SoftPro (basically simulating a client)
#2 - Shows where I added the reference to the file
#3 - shows the appdata path that it is using.
Attachments
CefSharp.png
CefSharp.png (431.23 KiB) Viewed 20319 times
enendza

Post by enendza »

Quick update - thanks for the advice - might be best if we chat. Before we chat ..

I am having a developer set up a BRAND new .NET API project with references to SoftPro assemblies and very simple execution of open connection ,open order and save order. I want to get a very simple example for when we chat. This is also to rule out any other dependencies that exist.

I will update when this is ready for your review.

Thanks

Emma
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

The process should be to open the Select project type from the VS2015 new projects. Then you can follow the example in the SDK topic "How-To /
Standalone Application Development / Open an Order". The project references should be automatically pointing to standard SoftPro libraries. A wrinkle is that you MAY need to add the NuGet package for IronPython.

I don't work with 4.6 much at all. So some of my advice is a bit shooting from the hip.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Yes. They are dependencies of something - probably Select.

At this time, the simplest thing to do at this point is to copy all the files from a Select Client (or Server) installation to project bin/Debug (or bin/Release) folder. Your app will be built and put in this folder. That way you will have all dependencies you need.
enendza

Post by enendza »

Yes we have tried to copy all of the files into the bin directory and the our project still errors. here is an important difference:

I follow the steps when creating a Console App project and add the necessary references - EVERYTHING IS FINE - DOESN'T have a reference to CefSharp or any of those files and it runs and connects to the server and loads an order just fine.

I follow the EXACT same steps when creating a WebAPI project and on start up of the API that is when we get the error .. Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Core.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Can you provide me with a list of dependencies that the CefSharp files have?
Do you know of any configuration differences that are needed for a WebAPI project (works fine with v4.3.6)

Thanks

Emma
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

• Is the error information coming from the LoaderExceptions message? Do you still have the ability to break on this exception like you did earlier? Can you physically see the the library it is complaining about in the executable's folder?
  • Look at the project properties and are they both the same .NET Framework?
  • CefSharp is a third-party library. You can see their dependencies by looking at their NuGet page. You will need to click on "Dependencies" and follow the trail to find all of them.
Sorry but it's really hard trying to figure it out from this side. I have no experience with what is required for a WebApp project. Off the top of my head, assuming (1) you have the same or compatible versions of .NET so all the components are happy with - both Select and third party, (2) all the libraries can be found in the Windows search path or are in the folder of the executable and (3) the user has appropriate permissions, it should load.