Testing version 4.6.5

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
enendza

Testing version 4.6.5

Post by enendza »

Hi -

We are testing the 4.6.5 version of SoftPro with our existing integrations and we are getting this error when attempting to run. We were at .NET framework 4.6.0 and upgrade to .NET framework 4.6.1 but still get this error

When executing this line: IOrderStore os = ss.GetService<IOrderStore>();

We get:
TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SoftPro.Select.Client.Formula.FormulaCompilationConfiguration' threw an exception.
AND
ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Emma
BobRichards

Re: Testing version 4.6.5

Post by BobRichards »

Please see a related post for a solution: Trouble getting IOrderStore Service while upgrading
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
enendza

Post by enendza »

Thanks - I will give this a try ..
enendza

Post by enendza »

Sorry still having the same problem. Tried with the recommended version 2.7.3 and the latest version 2.7.9 of IronPython and still got the same error. Please see attached picture
Attachments
IronPython.png
IronPython.png (189.59 KiB) Viewed 20864 times
enendza

Post by enendza »

Bob -

The error message says this:

"ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

Can you please let me know how to get the LoaderExceptions property so that we can see what is the true problem?

Thanks so much

Emma
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Is this a client or server package? In either case, have you tried putting your package DLLs in the Select Client/Server folder?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

If you are developing a stand-alone API package, then you will need to put your EXE in the client application folder so the other Select DLLs will be available. For instance:
%localappdata%\SoftProSelect\app-4.6.5\
enendza

Post by enendza »

Morning -

I am attempting to debug a standard EXE console app with references to the new files for SoftPro v4.6.5. I can load the server, authenticate just fine it is when I attempt to load an order that I get this error.

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

How do I get the loaderExceptions that it references in the error object? Seems that might provide the missing piece to this puzzle.

Thanks

Emma
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

To catch the LoaderExceptions messages, use a try/catch and put the try block around the failing region of code and put a breakpoint in the catch. This will allow you to see the exception details. The exception should have a LoaderExceptions property that you can navigate to in Visual Studio.

Code: Select all

try
{
    // Put your code in here.
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
    // Set your breakpoint in here.
}
enendza

Post by enendza »

Awesome yes I found it .. attached are the two errors .. does this mean that there is a dependency on the version of these two files?
Attachments
SoftProDependency.png
SoftProDependency.png (33.01 KiB) Viewed 20807 times