Create Bookmark for Merged Doc

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
czentman

Create Bookmark for Merged Doc

Post by czentman »

We have a document publish API where we send the document to our documentRepository. I have a check on Merged - to send all docs merged or "None" send docs separately. We want to send the docs merged with some sort of Bookmark. How can I create a bookmark programmaticallyfor each document merged into the one document?
BobRichards

Re: Create Bookmark for Merged Doc

Post by BobRichards »

I reached out to another developer and got this information.

In order to attach a document using Aspose.PDF, such that you can click the document link in the pdf document and it will open a new tab with only that document in it, use the FileAttachmentAnnottion class. The rectangle is the cords for the text fragment that will contain the link. The version of Aspose.PDF that I use to accomplish this is version 18.6.0.0. Now note, this is NOT a bookmark. It’s some text defined within the rectangle, that when you click it, opens the attached document in another tab.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

This is not exactly what I'm looking for. I need it as a bookmark. One can manually add a bookmark within the annotations in attachments. This is what I want to programmatically. I don't want to open as a new tab, rather a bookmark within the same doc/tab.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I'm afraid I can't be much help in this area. All I can offer is the URL for the PDF generation component that we use (Aspose) and information on the bookmark object (Bookmarks). Sorry.

Hopefully if another developer has any information, they will post it.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro