IPrintJobItem.Properties - what values does Select set in that collection ?

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
toddsou

IPrintJobItem.Properties - what values does Select set in that collection ?

Post by toddsou »

Hello-

As the subject indicates, I'm looking for documentation regarding the values that are available to be read from the IPrintJobItem.Properties collection.

The SDK offers the following:
The print job, and each item in the job, both have a set of extensible metadata that is accessible by the Properties property. This is a string to object map that is used for describing the components and carrying information between handlers in the print pipeline. You can discover what metadata is available simply by querying the map keys.
Is there more formal documentation regarding the information that SoftPro Select includes in this Dictionary? I feel like there is extra goodness to be had, but I lack the means to identify or recognize it.

Thank you.
BobRichards

Re: IPrintJobItem.Properties - what values does Select set in that collection ?

Post by BobRichards »

The unfortunate truth is that their are lots of different items that use the print subsystem and they all have different sets of properties as needed to perform their function. Additionally, since SoftPro needs the ability to enhance Select, we only publish what is necessary. (Of course we can trust you, but someone else might muck with the values and unintentionally break something in Select.)

Sorry.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro