Checklist Tasks from Lookup Table

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
bthorson

Checklist Tasks from Lookup Table

Post by bthorson »

I am working on a lookup table for Checklist Tasks. When users add a task from the lookup table I want the status to automatically be set to “required”. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get this to work? I have tried adding a formula to the lookup table for field Order.Tasks.Status, but so far I have not been able to get it to work.

Thank you,
Bryan
BobRichards

Re: Checklist Tasks from Lookup Table

Post by BobRichards »

Do you want all of them to be "required" or just certain ones?

If you want all them all to be "required, you could always create a Custom Order Rule that sets the Status field to "required" when a new Checklist task is created.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
BobRichards

Re: Checklist Tasks from Lookup Table

Post by BobRichards »

Alternatively, if you need fine control over the status, you can set (or leave to default setting) each item individually in the Lookup Table area.

Add the field "Status" field to the lookup
  1. Go to the SPAdmin tab.
  2. Open the Lookup Tables in ProForm.
  3. Double-click the Checklist Task table.
  4. From the popup dialog, select the Layout tab.
  5. Click in the bottom empty row in the Field Code field and enter ".Status" (don't forget the period!).
  6. Set the Name field to "Status"
  7. Click OK to save the change.
Set the default Checklist values
  1. While viewing the Checklist Task, right-click the table and select "Edit Entries".
  2. For each task you want to set a new value for Status, set the field to...

Code: Select all

="Required"

...to add a formula to set the value (don't forget the equals sign to make it a formula).
  3. If you want the Status field to be blank, you must set the field to...

Code: Select all

="(None)"
    or the task line will have no effect on the Status field. This means if you set the task to one where Status=Required then change the field to a task that has no Status in the lookup table, the Status in the order will not change back to "None". If you take control of the defaults, you must take full control!
  4. Save the changes and exit.
This is two possibilities that can be used to set the Status (include the custom order rule). Evaluate which is better for your application.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro