Attachment equivalent to print pipeline?

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
joe.mag

Attachment equivalent to print pipeline?

Post by joe.mag »

If a user is emailing a document that is generated by Select the event model provides the print pipeline so developers can intercept events in the document generation process. I don't see where anything equivalent is provided when the user is emailing out a document from the attachments collection. Is there any way to hook into the process whereby the email with its attachment(s) is generated?
John Morris

Re: Attachment equivalent to print pipeline?

Post by John Morris »

There is not currently an API in that area.

Can you give me some details about what you're doing? That way I can log a suggestion in this area.

Thanks!
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
joe.mag

Post by joe.mag »

Thanks for the prompt response.

We have the situation where Select's retention of all data for historical purposes is colliding with the reality that contacts' contact information changes. We've had multiple cases where an attorney's email address has changed but Select doesn't refresh from the attorney lookup table when it prepares the list of email addresses when the user is emailing a document or an attachment. While the user eventually gets a "bounce" email notification, the delay is not optimum.

We've investigated several workarounds but none are ideal and this post was me trying to learn what additional points of intervention exist.
rgupta

Post by rgupta »

Hi John,

on a shell package using Select version 4.3, we are trying to wire up the Email functionality on the attachment document.

Is there any way to get handle to the launch email programmatically for the order attachments?
We noticed that Select client (invoked normally, not in debug mode) is working fine with this email launch on the attachment.
We also tried to use OnProcess(IPrintJob), however its not working for order attachments.

thanks
Rajesh
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

Hi Rajesh,

Can you give me some more detail about your use case? I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're trying accomplish.

Thanks!
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro