Logon Error when loading report - Cameron

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

JDavis

Logon Error when loading report - Cameron

Post by JDavis »

I have a report that works fine when running it from Visual Studio or Crystal Reports designer. When I loaded it to Select, it was throwing a "Logon Failed" error before it got to the parameters screen. I then did a "Verify Database" in the designer, save the report and loaded it to Select again - it then loaded fine for about 24 hours. Today it stopped working again with the same error.

When we look at the logs on our Select server, this is the error that we see:

Log on failed.

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.VerifyDatabase()
at SoftPro.CrystalReports.Runtime.Analyzer.LoadReport(String filePath, String connectionString)
at SoftPro.CrystalReports.Runtime.Analyzer.<>c__DisplayClass1.<BeginLoadReport>b__0()

I've tried reloading the report, reverifying, etc, but nothing works anymore. Any ideas?
Lisa Ennis

Re: Logon Error when loading report - Cameron

Post by Lisa Ennis »

Most reports have a parameter for the ProfileId in the stored procedure. The Select program does a verify database on the report the first time it is run in the user's session. When that verify happens, it has to be passed a guid for the verify to work correctly. If your stored procedure has the parameter for the profile, then you need this at the beginning of the stored procedure. Any guid will work, as this is only being used for the verify database.

Code: Select all

--Set to an ID for pre-loading of the report
IF @ProfileID IS NULL
    SET @DAProfileID = 'F92D82EE-5D96-43EF-9F8C-8E403776F3AC' 
    ELSE SELECT @DAProfileID = core.GetProfileDataValueRecord(@ProfileID,'Data access filter')    
Hope this helps!
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro
JDavis

Re: Logon Error when loading report - Cameron

Post by JDavis »

Lisa,

Thanks, I added that to the stored procedure then re-verified the database in the Crystal designer and re-uploaded the report to Select and it worked. It is strange that the the original report's stored procedure did not have the code in 2.6 and worked fine - and also that this report worked fine for a day in 3.0 before stopping with that error again. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Thanks!