Default Value Parameters

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

MJA-99

Default Value Parameters

Post by MJA-99 »

We have a Parameter that is Currency Type and want a Default Value to be 0.00. This is not working even if we use the SoftPro method of putting Default in the Description to the right? We have also tried using the Crystal Reports Default Value to no avail.

Please advise.

Thanks,

MJA
MJA-99

Re: Default Value Parameters

Post by MJA-99 »

I even tried to change the Parameter to a String Type and the Default Value is still not showing for Form? I again did put Default in the Description next to the value of 0.00.
Lisa Ennis

Post by Lisa Ennis »

The Crystal currency type parameter is not a supported parameter type for use with Select. You can use a Number type parameter or a String parameter and convert it to currency using the "CCur" function. Attached is a document showing several screens of the Crystal parameters and the parameter window when rendering the report in Select.
Attachments
NumberParameter.docx
(160.21 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro
MJA-99

Post by MJA-99 »

Lisa,

We did try and go the Number route and then the problem became they could not type in the decimal places in Prompt/Parameter input? For example, if they wanted to type in 500.34, it would not allow the '.' to be typed. I have noticed in other Reports/Forms that String has been used for Currency Parameters. Is this the reason why? That is the only work-around I could find that worked. If you are aware of any other work-around, please let me know. I did use a Crystal Reports Function to verify that what they entered was a Number, yet it is not optimal.

Thanks,

Michael
Lisa Ennis

Post by Lisa Ennis »

Good morning Michael,
Using a string parameter and converting it is the workaround for not being able to pass a currency parameter through Select. Hopefully we will be addressing this in an upcoming release. I would suggest that you handle the parameter through your stored procedure and convert the string parameter to a decimal type in the procedure and handle the selection there. That will be more efficient than pulling all the records back to the report and filtering the records in the report.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro