Print Preview Versus Printed

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

MJA-99

Print Preview Versus Printed

Post by MJA-99 »

We have a Crystal Report that includes a grid with border lines. The bottom line of grid is in the Detail and set to move to the bottom of the Section upon printing. In the Text Field (which has no border) that exists in one of the grid cells or table cells in Detail Section, some of the text data has an underscore "fill-in" that will appear on the last line of each cell. In Print Preview, there is the right amount of space between this underscore and the line which terminates Detail Section. However, when we print, the line is always close to the Detail Section line which makes it more difficult to delineate this "fill-in" underscore which is entered as data along with words in that TextBox in SoftPro. I have tried multiple hacks to try and work around this issue yet it always shows correctly in Print Preview yet incorrectly on printed page. I think this may be related to the PDF creator .dll in SoftPro because we have tried printing directly to PDF and the same thing occurs. Any ideas on how we might fix this issue or "side step". I have tried inserting clear text in shrunken down TextBox below in cell, clear line, etc to no avail. Again, it looks perfect in Print Preview, just not on printed output to paper or PDF.
Lisa Ennis

Re: Print Preview Versus Printed

Post by Lisa Ennis »

Try inserting another detail section in your report, make it narror and move the line into the new section with it set to move to the bottom of the section when printing. You can also set the width of the line to be hairline, then it may be narrow enough that the underscore text would be more visible.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro
MJA-99

Re: Print Preview Versus Printed

Post by MJA-99 »

That is something I tried, yet the grid was done differently by prior person who was working on report and will try again the way I am doing grid. This should work the way they want it to. Thanks.