Custom Field Issue

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

MJA-99

Custom Field Issue

Post by MJA-99 »

I am trying to create a Custom Report which is based on the following existing report.

Pro Trust Transaction Activity Report
DOC_SPACT_MonthlyActivity_Trust_Adj

It is not based on a Stored Procedure as is before I modify anything. There is a Custom Field in the Orders table that represents the old TGOH ID Field for which I have created a SQL Server View that has three fields:
Order.ID, Order.Number, and TGOH which is the Custom Field.

The client would like to add this Custom Field to the report.

As soon as I try to join this View to OrderShort using OrderID, and even specify to give all OrderShort records, I then receive no Fee Activity in the report.

A. Do you have any ideas why this might be the case?

B. Do I have to use a Stored Procedure instead of just leveraging the current report?

Please advise as it is unclear to me why this will not fly. I have done a similiar thing with success yet Stored Procedure was backing Crystal Report in that case.

Thanks,

Michael
roteague

Re: Custom Field Issue

Post by roteague »

This is a known issue that we have been having everytime we try to call something via the API. I don't know of any workaround.
Robert
Lisa Ennis

Post by Lisa Ennis »

Michael, can you post your view.

When you add the view to your report, are you changing the join to be a left outer join?

I have experienced linking issues when trying to join a view to a stored procedure, but have not had any issues with linking a view to a view.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro
MJA-99

Post by MJA-99 »

I fixed this one with a View. I am going to post another question though regarding Print Preview versus actual printed results.