Parameter Issue (Linked Combo Boxes)

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

MJA-99

Parameter Issue (Linked Combo Boxes)

Post by MJA-99 »

I followed the directions in the following prior post from 2008 to make it so once a value is selected from one Combo Box, another Combo Box's selection choices are limited. It is not working. The dependent Combo Box is always empty even when focus is on next control. Has this been changed since the following post? In addition, what is the method for determining the exact order parameters appear in when prompted. In another existing report, there is a parameter named PARAMETER_ORDER, yet had nothing set that would indicate it controlled the order of prompt parameters.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169

Here is the SQL for my dependend Combo Box (Combo Box which is populated based on selection of Trust Account).

SELECT DISTINCT Profile.Name FROM TrustAccountsByProfile INNER JOIN Profile ON TrustAccountsByProfile.ProfileID = Profile.ID WHERE TrustAccountsByProfile.Code = '{TAC}' ORDER BY Profile.Name ASC

{TAC} is the first Combo Box Paramenter's name. It does not work and dependent CB just remains blank. I have checked multiple settings and everything seems to be in line with what 2008 post above indicated to do in order for this to work.

Could you please let me know what may be wrong?
Lisa Ennis

Re: Parameter Issue (Linked Combo Boxes)

Post by Lisa Ennis »

When we initially started developing reports, we needed a way to set the parameter order. At some point, the order that you set the parameters in Crystal works , and we no longer user that. Use Crystal to set your order of the parameters.

There is a standard report, "Current Queue" (SPMGT_CurrentQueue.rpt) that has a cascading parameter. The EmployeeMove parameter is a cascading parameter. The SELECT statement that we use in the parameter values is: SELECT FullName FROM ParameterValuesEmployee WHERE ({EmployeeTypeCombo} = 'All' OR Title={EmployeeTypeCombo})

Your sample:
SELECT DISTINCT Profile.Name FROM TrustAccountsByProfile INNER JOIN Profile ON TrustAccountsByProfile.ProfileID = Profile.ID WHERE TrustAccountsByProfile.Code = '{TAC}' ORDER BY Profile.Name ASC

You sample shows single quotes around {TAC}. You do not need quotes around it.

Hope this helps.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro