Property's Street Name without Street Number

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
Miri Yosef

Property's Street Name without Street Number

Post by Miri Yosef »

Does anyone know of a way to code the document to pull onle the property's street name without the street number.

For example: If {{Order.Property.Address1}} is 52 ABC Street. I want the document to show only ABC Street
swheatley

Re: Property's Street Name without Street Number

Post by swheatley »

I was able to get the street name by using the below. This relies on the assumption that the address will always have the first space before the beginning of the street.

<CALC (SubString({{Order.Property.Address1}}, InString({{Order.Property.Address1}}, ' ') + 1, StrLen({{Order.Property.Address1}})))>

What this is doing is it is using the InString function to find the first instance of a space in the field. Then it is using that as a starting point for the SubString function. Then it is using StrLen to make the end point of the field.

Shelby
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Dear Shelby,

I tried the coding you have suggested but the part that begins with StrLen is not working. Any suggestions?

This is what you suggested:

<CALC (SubString({{Order.Property.Address1}}, InString({{Order.Property.Address1}}, ' ') + 1, StrLen({{Order.Property.Address1}})))>

Thanks
Miri Yosef
swheatley

Post by swheatley »

Hi Miri,

What version of select are you using? I'm on a future release so I must have some functionality that is new or was fixed that isn't available on yours yet. Without knowing which release you are on one thing you can try is to use 255 (the length of the field) rather than the StrLen function. That might work if the StrLen is the only part of the function that isn't working.

Shelby
danvanf

Post by danvanf »

In 2.2.20912.21 It works with the 255, in place of the StrLength with one additional change. The single quotes grabbing the space need to be double quotes.

<CALC (SubString({{Order.Property[1].Address1}}, InString({{Order.Property[1].Address1}}, " ") + 1, 255))>

Interesting that 'P' would find a P in the address but ' ' wouldn't find a space. For the record "P" does find a capital P.

Dan
I blog at http://DanVanFleet.com on SoftPro and other things
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

I tried your suggestion and it is working now.

Thanks
Miri Yosef