Requirement Exception Numbering

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
cklahr

Requirement Exception Numbering

Post by cklahr »

I would like to code the below in a document. However, I want the exceptions that I select to appear with the number it appears in the screens. Right now, if I choose exceptions 3, 4, and 5 it gets numbered from 1. Please advise if this is a possibility. Thank you.

<FOREACH ASK {{.RequirementException[{{.Type}}= “Exception” and {{.ShowOnDocument}} = True]}}>
<TOGETHER>{{.Description}}
</TOGETHER>
</FOREACH>
Mark McKenna

Re: Requirement Exception Numbering

Post by Mark McKenna »

The numbering that is displayed on screen is representative of the style that is being applied and the state of the ShowOnDocument and ShowWithNumbering properties on each exception object. However, these values are volatile and do not carry over to a document because the order can't know for certain how the objects are being pulled onto a document. For example, you may have one document with the (common) coding you describe, but another that only pulls those with a particular code. Requirements and exceptions are auto-numbered on documents in much the same way that they are auto-numbered on screen. I suspect that if you turn off ShowWithNumbering for exceptions 1 & 2, the 1-based numbering would coincide, but I don't think that is what you are looking for.
bnation

Post by bnation »

When using Requirements and Exceptions on a document, is there a way to suppress the auto numbering on the document itself without turning it off in the Requirements and Exceptions screen? I want to show the description from Requirements and Exceptions with certain codes on one document without numbering, but I have other documents that need to show the same Requirements and Exceptions with numbering.
bue77

Post by bue77 »

This coding should give you the results you're looking for:

<FOREACH NOLIST {{.RequirementException[{{.Type}}="Exception" and {{.ShowOnDocument}}=True]}}>
<TOGETHER>{{.Description}}
</TOGETHER>
</FOREACH>

The only defect in the above coding is that any indented sub-exceptions will lose their indent. If it is necessary to to keep all sub-exception indents intact, you could try something like this. PLEASE NOTE: ALL DESCRIPTION INDENTS BELOW MUST BE DONE WITH INDENTED 1-CELL TABLE IN ORDER TO HOLD. The below example starts with the 1st level on the left margin, and each subsequent level indented one-half inch per level (indent sizes in RED).

<FOREACH NOLIST {{.RequirementException[{{.Type}}="Exception" and {{.ShowOnDocument}}=True]}}>
<IF ({{.ListIndentLevel}}=1)>
{{.Description}}
<ELSE><IF ({{.ListIndentLevel}}=2)>
(.5" indent){{.Description}}
<ELSE><IF ({{.ListIndentLevel}}=3)>
(1.0" indent){{.Description}}
<ELSE><IF ({{.ListIndentLevel}}=4)>
(1.5" indent){{.Description}}
</IF></IF></IF></IF></FOREACH>