Numbering

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
cklahr

Numbering

Post by cklahr »

See attached document. When I have more than one buyer or seller in a file, a separate affidavit will get created for each one. However, the numbers seem to continue on the second document, as opposed to starting from 1 again. I am having this issue with several documents.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Attachments
mw_TNAffidavit-Owner's(Commercial).doc
(40 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
cklahr

Re: Numbering

Post by cklahr »

Please advise asap.

Thanks.
Mark McKenna

Re: Numbering

Post by Mark McKenna »

Sorry for the late reply.

First, the document looks to be a good candidate for pushing the "per buyer/seller" concept to the primary context of the document, instead of trying to do it using a FOREACH inside the document. Rather than using {{Order}} as your document's primary context, use {{Order.Contact}} with whatever filter you need to narrow down the qualifying pool of contacts to just the buyers and/or sellers you are targeting. This approach avoids the renumbering issue altogether because you won't be copying the central content twice within the same document (e.g. you only have one list).

Second, if you really prefer the FOREACH to remain inside the document, it appears that you could get by with one copy of the central content and just one FOREACH over both the buyers and sellers you are targeting instead of doing it once for buyers and then the same thing for sellers. Again, this essentially avoids the issue altogether by only using a single list. I guess I should qualify this by saying that I only glanced at the document and the two content blocks look identical - maybe some wording does actually vary, in which case this would not solve your problem.

Third, as far as numbering itself goes, it is important that the paragraph/numbering settings of the individual list items are configured correctly. The first item in the list should be set to "restart numbering" whereas all the others should be set to "continue numbering". When those lists are replicated during each iteration over a FOREACH block, the list item settings should be retained.