Format of cc'ed addressee's in letters

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
Miri Yosef

Format of cc'ed addressee's in letters

Post by Miri Yosef »

Our correspondence is sometimes cc'ed to more than one person. I wanted to program the letter so it would show the persons cc'ed evenly on two columns. The problem is that it works evenly only if there are 2 persons but if there are more. It would put only the first person addressed on the left column and all the other persons on the right. How could I fix this?

By the way, I tried to attach a word document to make my question more clear but I got a message that "The extension doc is not allowed". Could somebody explain me how to attach a document in this forum?

Thanks,
Miri Yosef
swheatley

Re: Format of cc'ed addressee's in letters

Post by swheatley »

I'm still investigating how to do this with contacts. I'll post a reply as soon as I figure out if its possible.

Shelby
Jeff Connelly

Post by Jeff Connelly »

Miri Yosef wrote:By the way, I tried to attach a word document to make my question more clear but I got a message that "The extension doc is not allowed". Could somebody explain me how to attach a document in this forum?
Miri, I think this might have been a restriction from our end. Can you please try to attach the doc again now?
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Attached a sample of the cc'ed addressee's code I was trying to use.

Thanks,
Miri Yosef
my_CC_SellersAttorney.doc
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
swheatley

Post by swheatley »

In the example you posted you have an </FOREACH> in a different cell than the start of the <FOREACH>. I think I understand what you were trying to do, however you can't have a FOREACH start in one cell and end in another one. The results are unpredictable, which is probably why you are seeing the results that you are. The same thing applies to IF, TOGETHER and all the other statements that start with <. They don't go across cells.

We did come up with a way that you can do what you are asking using a sort order and a mod operator. It is the first example in the document attached. It's a nice clean way to accomplish this. However, there is a restriction...the multiple you are using has to have a sort order. So for your specific example using Order Contacts we don't have a sort order for Order Contacts so it can't work in the same way. But it will work for multiples like Order.Property, so you might be able to use it for another document which is why I've included it.

For your specific example the best I could come up with is using Order.Contact[1].Name and putting the odd numbers on one side and the even numbers on the other. The obvious problem is that you would have to know how many contacts to include so the coding could get very long and isn't very flexible. The good news is that we are currently working on document rendering features for our next release that would give you a way to accomplish this for your specific example.

Shelby
Attachments
Examples.doc
(28 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Thanks

Miri Yosef