Has "LINEn" been removed?

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
DanAtMPL

Has "LINEn" been removed?

Post by DanAtMPL »

In a Notary section of my doc, I'm trying to have lines for the State and County.

Here's what I currently have:

Code: Select all

State of {{Order.Acknowledgment.State LSTATE}}
County of _______________
It works quite well, but that's probably because my file template is set to include the state abbreviation in the "Notary & Acknowledgement" section. Not all paralegals in my company use that. For those who don't, they end up with just a blue box there, so I tried amending the code to this:

Code: Select all

State of {{Order.Acknowledgment.State LSTATE LINE15}}
...to no effect. I even tried removing the "LSTATE" thinking that only 1 format modifier can be used, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

Am I using this incorrectly? Or has the "LINEn" formatter been removed? Is there something else at play here?
BobRichards

Re: Has "LINEn" been removed?

Post by BobRichards »

Which version of Select are you using?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
DanAtMPL

Post by DanAtMPL »

When I go to install it, I use v4.3.31. Within SP, in the "About Select" section, it shows 4.3.60210.87.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Wayne from the Document department has supplied this answer:

The LINEn formatting will only work on OBJECTS within the field code browser. In other words, any field represented by this symbol in the field code browser:
Object.jpg
Object.jpg (1.37 KiB) Viewed 3101 times
The "State" node in the field {{Order.Acknowledgment.State}} is not an object (as shown in the picture below)…you must add one additional node to reach the object description {{Order.Acknowledgment.State.Description}}:
State.jpg
State.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 3101 times
This node (which was added to the Order model somewhat recently, maybe 3-4 years ago) also no longer requires the LSTATE field code formatter to display the long state name.

So, bottom line, this field with the LINEn field code formatter {{Order.Acknowledgment.State.Description LINE15}} should solve the problem.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
DanAtMPL

Post by DanAtMPL »

Ahhhhhhh. As someone who was never much into programming, and only muddled through with the help of the Field Code Browser.. that all now makes some sense.

Thank you!