HUD document converting feet into inches

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
RobbG

HUD document converting feet into inches

Post by RobbG »

The Manufactured Home Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title requires the length and width in inches, my escrow staff does not want to do the math, so they put it in Select as feet.
I pulled the formula out of the document section and was able to get the math to work which is pretty easy math. The full formula with my calculations is below. The issue I am running into is once I post the formula's below back into the section on the document it pushes the document to the next page and I can't figure out how to get it to stay as it was. There was not that much I added. What can I do to keep it looking the same?
LENGTH FULL FORMULA

<IF (InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)>,"/")>-1)><VAR $BeforeSlash1 ((InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)>,"/"))-1)><VAR $Length1 (SubString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)>,1,{{$BeforeSlash1}}))><VAR $AfterSlash1 ((InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)>,"/"))+1)><VAR $TheRest1 (SubString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)>,{{$AfterSlash1}},50))><IF (InString({{$TheRest1}},"/")>-1)><VAR $BeforeSlash2 ((InString({{$TheRest1}},"/"))-1)><VAR $Length2 (SubString({{$TheRest1}},1,{{$BeforeSlash2}}))><VAR $AfterSlash2 ((InString({{$TheRest1}},"/"))+1)><VAR $TheRest2 (SubString({{$TheRest1}},{{$AfterSlash2}},50))><VAR $Length3 ({{$TheRest2}})><ELSE><VAR $Length2 ({{$TheRest1}})></IF>{{$Length1}}<ELSE><CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Length}}*12)></IF>

WIDTH FULL FORMULA
<IF (InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)>,"/")>-1)><VAR $BeforeSlash1 ((InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)>,"/"))-1)><VAR $Width1 (SubString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)>,1,{{$BeforeSlash1}}))><VAR $AfterSlash1 ((InString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)>,"/"))+1)><VAR $TheRest1 (SubString(<CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)>,{{$AfterSlash1}},50))><IF (InString({{$TheRest1}},"/")>-1)><VAR $BeforeSlash2 ((InString({{$TheRest1}},"/"))-1)><VAR $Width2 (SubString({{$TheRest1}},1,{{$BeforeSlash2}}))><VAR $AfterSlash2 ((InString({{$TheRest1}},"/"))+1)><VAR $TheRest2 (SubString({{$TheRest1}},{{$AfterSlash2}},50))><VAR $Width3 ({{$TheRest2}})><ELSE><VAR $Width2 ({{$TheRest1}})></IF>{{$Width1}}<ELSE><CALC ({{.ManufacturedHousing.Width}}*12)></IF>
BobRichards

Re: HUD document converting feet into inches

Post by BobRichards »

So the question is how to prevent your included text from creating blank lines in addition to your text? What does the rendered document look in the area where you added the formula text?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
RobbG

Post by RobbG »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have attached screenshots showing the top and the bottom sections when the code is applied.
Attachments
This is how the top of the page looks
This is how the top of the page looks
Top_Of_Page.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
This is showing how it throws the rest to the second page.
This is showing how it throws the rest to the second page.
Second_Page.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

There is not much we can do with the information provided since we don't have the code or full rendered document. I would try printing the document with and without your formulas then compare the docs and determine where the extra space is being created. Once you determine that, see if the extra space is coming from different font size, document scaling or whatever. Try to get a handle on what the exact rendering issue is that way.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro