Prompt for with custom options

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
bthorson

Prompt for with custom options

Post by bthorson »

I would like to create a document with a prompt that brings up a checkbox for the user to choose between two or more custom options and then have their selection show up on the document. I do not want a checkbox on the document, it would be just be user for selecting what they want on the doc. These options wouldn't necessarily be fields found in SoftPro, but would be any two options of my choosing. For example, if I wanted the user to choose between bananas and oranges. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Bryan
Attachments
Checkbox.jpg
Checkbox.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
BobRichards

Re: Prompt for with custom options

Post by BobRichards »

Once again, I reached out to the Reports group and received this answer:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, he just needs a checkbox custom field. With this field he can code the document to pull whatever he wants by using logic. His example was "if I wanted the user to choose between bananas and oranges" -- well, we can do this a couple of ways:
  1. Create a checkbox custom field (prompt) as he suggested, with a label like this:

"Check box for bananas -- for oranges, leave box unchecked"

This custom field would then need to be used with this logic:

<IF ({{Order.BananasOrOranges##}}=True)>Bananas<ELSE>Oranges</IF>
  2. Create a dropdown custom field (prompt), with this label:

"Please select a fruit"

With the dropdown options of Bananas and Oranges:
    Bananas.jpg
    Bananas.jpg (15.31 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
    With a dropdown, logic would be unnecessary in some situations. For example, mid-sentence:

"When it comes to fruit, John's favorite is {{Order.BananasOrOranges##}}" (the document would simply print the choice that is made with the dropdown custom field)
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
bthorson

Re: Prompt for with custom options

Post by bthorson »

So if I'm understanding correctly, I would first create a custom field which would appear in ProForm, and based on that custom fields value, information would populate into the document.

What I'm hoping for is a checkbox on the document that doesn't require a custom field. I.E. The checkbox would be coded into the document itself and the selection would render when the doc is generated. Similar to the way a QuickPrompt works.

Thanks,
Bryan