Phantom people in order contacts?

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
chris.brady

Phantom people in order contacts?

Post by chris.brady »

We're seeing some odd behavior with one of our Word ready docs. We're referencing the following field codes in the Title Company contact

{{Order.TitleCompanies.People.FullName}}
{{Order.TitleCompanies.People.LicenseNumber}}

When rendering on some orders, it pulls in a person's full name and license number, even though there are no people in the collection on this contact.

Is that normal behavior? Is there something set up so that it magically pulls from, maybe, a lookup table?

The Title Company contact itself is populated from a lookup table, but there is no information in that table for either a person or their license number.
BobRichards

Re: Phantom people in order contacts?

Post by BobRichards »

I spoke to a documents developer and he postulates that {{Order.TitleCompanies.People.FullName}} is looking for the first Person in all the title companies. You would only use that type of construct if there were only only a single title company in the order. If you have multiple, you need to specify which one you mean (the first would be {{Order.TitleCompanies[1].People.FullName}}).

Does your order load templates that initialize additional Title Companies? Offhand, that is the only way Select could find the name/license information for another person.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
chris.brady

Post by chris.brady »

No, there's just one title company contact in the order, and it has no people.

Are you saying that if it ever had two title companies, and one was deleted, it might be "remembering" the deleted one?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

No. I am not suggesting that Select will remember a deleted item in the order. I am not able to reproduce this error nor offer any advice. Is this an easily repeatable event? If so, can you send me a (small) doc that demonstrates the issue so I can pass it by the docs team for review?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro