Processing of Requirements

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
B_Hinote

Processing of Requirements

Post by B_Hinote »

I have been asked to create an Automation Process that adds tasks when specific Schedule B Requirements have been added to the Order's Commitment.

Unfortunately, the Process Automation Wizard does not have a When Requirement Added/Updated, so I guess the only thing that could be used is the Order Save Event, but to minimize the number of times the Process is run I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion on how I might create some type of condition that could determine if the number of requirements has changed since the last order save allowing the snippet to exit early and not loop through every Requirement on every order save.

Since the Requirments can have phrases below phases I am not sure if a count of the Requirments includes the phrases as well or if there is any way that Automation could compare this and know when something was added.

The second issue would then be to determine which requirement is new as opposed to previously existed, but if nothing else I could condition the add of the task to only add when the task does not already exist. (Not optimum as it will do this every time, but it will at least keep the task from being duplicated.)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
BobRichards

Re: Processing of Requirements

Post by BobRichards »

There is no easy way to do this task. It will required using the "on every order save" approach to scan the order for any changes. Using the Automation Snippet approach will be very challenging because it was never designed for this type of complex development.

If you have the capability, I would do this as a Select Server Package where you can write/debug in a better environment for this level of complexity.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro