Trigger Automation based on "Other" contact type value (Order.Others.OtherType)

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
mwalsh

Trigger Automation based on "Other" contact type value (Order.Others.OtherType)

Post by mwalsh »

SoftPro

I'm looking to use the automation to apply a template to orders that have a specfic "Other" contact type and name value. I have tried to use the "Field is a specific value" equal our configured value (Referral Source), but it doesn't work. I can configure client name like value and client type = "Other", but doesn't limit it to a specific "Other" type value. Thoughts?

Thank you....
czawis

Re: Trigger Automation based on "Other" contact type value (Order.Others.OtherType)

Post by czawis »

You should be able to accomplish this using the "Field is a specific value", but you will need to ensure the context for the condition is "Contact".

For example, if you create a new process with the following definition:
1) When: "Order is saved"
2) If: "Order has a contact with the following criteria" (This will switch the context to Contact)
3) Click the "following criteria" link to edit this condition
4) On the next window check the "Field is specific value" condition
5) Click "field is specific value" link to edit this condition
6) On this screen enter {{OtherType}} as the field code, select the "=" option, and enter "Radon Inspector" as the value. (without quotes)
7) Click "Ok" on both screens to return to the process wizard.
8) Then: Pick the action(s) you would like to perform
9) Name and save the process

When you create a new order it should run the automation process only if the order has an "Other" contact and "OtherType" has a value of "Radon Inspector"