Override Invoice Payment Validation

Questions about and code samples for custom order rules and validation within Select.
B_Hinote

Override Invoice Payment Validation

Post by B_Hinote »

At the moment, the Invoicing Screen pops an error message of "Value must be between 0 and 999999999999.99" when the Invoice Payment is Negative.

Can a COR override this message by adding our own validation of the amount being "between -999999999999.99 and 999999999999.99"?

I know the screen does not allow us to enter a negative directly into the field, but when I copy a negative value to the field it pops up the message.

We want to develop a bulk payment process that allows one large check to be applied to hundreds of individual invoices and we want to make sure these payments are not able to be deleted by a user, as SP does not capture any type of Payment History.

Because SP also does not provide any method for applying an Adjustment either we want to use Negative Payments as a way to make adjustments, which would be applied via custom code. I need to determine if there is a what for Adjusting way to make adjustments Although SP also does not provide any method for Adjusting Payments, we want to develop custom code that will allow a Negative Payment to be used as a way to adjust prior payments and I need to make sure the existing rule/behavior will not surface when the screen sees negative payments.

Thank you
BobRichards

Re: Override Invoice Payment Validation

Post by BobRichards »

You cannot override the validation preventing negative numbers. Someone from our Custom Applications department is reaching out to you to discuss possibilities.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro