Allow duplicates in Publish Description

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

muhsmann

Allow duplicates in Publish Description

Post by muhsmann »

We have a different document image storage system - which I have integrated into SoftPro - that handles versioning of the documents. We would like to use that functionality and apply it to SoftPro but during the Publish step the user is asked for a Description - this description appears to have a unique constraint. If the user tries to describe a document w/ the same description of another document that is already published - a dialog informs the user that there is already a document w/ that description and suggests another name. The user is not allowed to use the same description. I would imagine this is how SoftPro handles versioning of the same document - just a guess. Is there a way to let the user use the same description for several 'versions' of the document? We'll handle versioning on the backend document storage application.
Mark McKenna

Re: Allow duplicates in Publish Description

Post by Mark McKenna »

Currently, there is not. The naming of the attachment and the publishing internals are all contained within the default Publish print job handler we provide. We recently received a similar request to allow for more control over the naming process, so I will add your post to that request as supporting information.