Retrieving PDF from XML - Transaction Point

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

Mark McKenna

Re: Retrieving PDF from XML - Transaction Point

Post by Mark McKenna »

You are likely running into a print job item that currently represents a collation effort upstream, consisting of documents that do not share the same name, so I think you hit the nail on the head.

A default print job handler ran before yours that took a bunch of print job items and collated them into new print job items, which is what you are iterating over. When we combine multiple "original" print job items into "new" print job items, we can only retain the metadata from the original if it is identical across all items that went into the new item. For example:

- Print Job Item 1 has DocReportName "Test" and PrimaryContextType "Loan".
- Print Job Item 2 has DocReportName "Other" and PrimaryContextType "Loan".
If the collation rules dictate that print job items 1 and 2 ought to be collated/combined, then it will do so by creating a new print job item to replace the original 2. The new print job item will retain the PrimaryContextType metadata, but will lose the DocReportName metadata because it is not the same across all original items that made up the new item.

To complete the above example, your handler would see that there is only one print job item because the original two were removed in order to create the new one. If you look at the IPrintJob.OriginalItems enumeration, you will find the original print job items just as they were dropped onto the pipeline. The IPrintJob.Items enumeration represents the print job as it currently exists.
Shevy

Post by Shevy »

That worked.
Thanks for your response.
Shevy

Post by Shevy »

I have a question with regard to setting the SPIMAGE folder.
I had set it to a certain directory, and then i needed to change it. I changed it in the "default" profile which caused it to automatically change for all the other profiles. for some reason it didnt change for one of the profiles which I cant change, it wont allow me to do that. Why would this be happening?