Document template storage in the database

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

joe.mag

Document template storage in the database

Post by joe.mag »

I am trying to understand how document templates are stored in SoftPro (I want to extract all the documents as .doc files in order to keep a library of my documents that is synchronized with what's in SoftPro) and am not sure I'm looking in the right place. It seems to be the DocReport image type field in the DocReport table is the most likely place for the documents to be stored. However, when I try to extract that field in binary it doesn't seem to be a Word document. Can anyone give me some guidance on this matter, please?
john.morton

Re: Document template storage in the database

Post by john.morton »

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to get a copy of the ReadyDocs, as shown in the ReadyDoc Manager? Or are you trying to get a copy of a ReadyDoc that has been generated/rendered for a given Order (ends up in the Attachment area)?
joe.mag

Post by joe.mag »

Sorry for the confusion. I want the original ready doc template, not any order-specific populated ready doc. Thanks.
john.morton

Post by john.morton »

Some of the reports stored in that table are word documents, and some of them are Crystal Report files. Perhaps it would be easier if this request for a copy of these reports was handled by our reports/docs groups? They can probably provide you with whatever you're trying to get.