Specifying the DocumentImageTreeFolder of an IDocumentImage

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

cjedlicka

Specifying the DocumentImageTreeFolder of an IDocumentImage

Post by cjedlicka »

Is there a way, through the API, to specify the image tree folder you want a document image to be placed in?

I'm currently adding documents to an order, but they are all placed in the root folder and I need them to go in a subfolder. Looking through the documentation and browsing the assemblies, I wasn't able to find any information on this. Best I can tell, I'd have to insert and update the DB image tree records manually. If that's the case, can you tell me if there's anything I need to look out for when doing this?

Thanks!
Chris
john.morton

Re: Specifying the DocumentImageTreeFolder of an IDocumentIm

Post by john.morton »

Unfortunately, the current version of the API doesn't allow for manipulating DocumentImageTreeFolders at all. We have a policy of not changing the public API during service packs, and this feature was added in a service pack.

The data structure for how folders are setup in the database is pretty straight forward though. As always, when manipulating the database directly, we highly recommend taking all necessary precautions regarding backing the database up and thoroughly testing before doing anything against a production database. If any part of the data structure is not obvious to you, feel free to ask for clarification.
cjedlicka

Re: Specifying the DocumentImageTreeFolder of an IDocumentIm

Post by cjedlicka »

Thanks, the data structure is straightforward. I just thought I'd ask :).