Custom Fields for OrderTasks

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

roteague

Custom Fields for OrderTasks

Post by roteague »

Here is my problem. I have a custom snap in that creates Checklist and Requested tasks. However, there is some custom data that I need for these tasks that will need to be stored separate from the Task itself (preferably in the OrderTask.CustomFields field). The IChecklistTask and IRequestedTask interfaces allow me to save formulas, but not custom fields.

How would I get access to the custom field for these interfaces? If this is a feature coming in future builds, could I use the Formula field temporarily so I can continue development of my snap in?

Thanks,
Robert
Phil Barton

Re: Custom Fields for OrderTasks

Post by Phil Barton »

IChecklistTask and IRequestedTask objects do not support custom fields. They will not have the GetCustomField(...) and SetCustomField(...) methods on the interfaces.
Phil Barton
Software Architect
SoftPro
roteague

Post by roteague »

Phil Barton wrote:IChecklistTask and IRequestedTask objects do not support custom fields. They will not have the GetCustomField(...) and SetCustomField(...) methods on the interfaces.
Ok, there is a CustomFields field in the OrderTask table. Is this being dropped, or ignored?

I can always use the IOrder GetCustomField, but the problem with that is it will be a moving target if other developers need to use the same field. It will make coordination more complex among developers, but it can be done.

Thanks,
Robert
Phil Barton

Post by Phil Barton »

That column is being ignored. The objects that support custom fields are listed in the custom field editor's context dropdown in SPAdmin.
Phil Barton
Software Architect
SoftPro
roteague

Post by roteague »

Phil Barton wrote:That column is being ignored. The objects that support custom fields are listed in the custom field editor's context dropdown in SPAdmin.
Thanks for your help Phil, I think I've got it figured out how to do it now.
Robert