How to Enable Publish button

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

daniorg

How to Enable Publish button

Post by daniorg »

I have just set up a new install of select, I am working on creating a plugin/addin using the SDK and I am not sure how to "Enable" the publish button for documents. It is grayed out.
Mark McKenna

Re: How to Enable Publish button

Post by Mark McKenna »

1. The logged in user must have the appropriate permissions: ProForm\Order\ReadyDocs\Publish
2. There must be a valid "Images Directory" defined for the active profile. It's under Profile Settings -> Managers and Report Preferences -> SPImage Preferences.

Currently, the second requirement remains in effect even if you provide an alternate document storage / DMS implementation (despite the fact that it is only applicable to our default storage implementation).
daniorg

Post by daniorg »

Thanks for the fast response.

What you said has worked, the Publish button is now enabled. But I have another problem.

When I use publish it opens the progress window but hangs indefinitely. Hitting Cancel only disables the button and changes the status of the dialog to "Cancelling..." The only way to get out of it is to task manager, end process Select.exe.

I thought it may have been the plugin I am developing, so I removed it all. And ran in the non Experimental Build, still, I get the same problem.

Any ideas?
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Pick up this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=309